Rad Orthodontics treats as many adults as we do children and teens. Our adult patients love the private treatment areas, the early morning and evening appointment times, and the personal attention they receive. Rad Orthodontics uses advanced technology and materials in all of its treatments. We use the highest precision systems as well as the most sophisticated styles of custom braces, because they work better, faster, and more comfortably than traditional braces. By combining the best techniques and materials available, we are able to deliver the highest level of orthodontic care.
Rad Orthodontics recognizes that adults and children have different needs and require different levels of attention and care. We work carefully with all our patients to ensure they receive a customized treatment and their needs are met with understanding and respect from our staff.
Many of our adult patients come to Rad Orthotontics because they didn't complete their treatment as a teen, or because they have always wanted a straighter smile, but didn't want to wear metal braces for a year or more. Today's treatment options allow them to get a straighter smile with highly inconsipicuous treatments and shorter treatment times. Rad Orthodontics offers a variety of treatments that range from virtually invisibile clear aligners to lingual braces to metal braces. Our team will work with you to determine the best treatment options that fit your esthetic, alignment, and financial goals.
Rad Orthodontics offers a variety of aligners, braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
You can choose:
- Clear aligners (Invisalign®)
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (tongue side of the teeth) braces
- Invisible braces
- Metal braces
COMMON REASONS WHY ADULTS CONSIDER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
- A bad bite or malocclusion, which causes teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth that are crowded or spaced apart (this can lead to tooth decay and gum disease)
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- The need to create and/or maintain space for dental implants
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADULT ORTHODONTICS AND ORTHODONTICS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
The main difference between treating adults and children or teens is that the jawbones of younger patients are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which makes it a little harder to move teeth and, in severe cases, may require orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones properly.
Other differences include:
- Prevention of gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time, teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, which creates a bad bite and increases the possibility of gum disease.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues that cost you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We understand you have a busy schedule and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.