We know there are many orthodontists you can choose from, and we thank you for choosing Rad Orthodontics. We are proud that many of our new patients are personally referred to us by their friends and family who have been treated by our doctors. Exceeding patient expectations is our goal, and Rad Orthodontics provides value well beyond a nice smile: Expert Care, Excellence, and Personal Attention set us apart from other providers. Shorter Treatment Times are a hallmark of our care - we are known for treatment times that are, in general, 40% - 50% shorter than average.
Dr. Mehdy Rad, Dr. Dave Rad, and Dr. Shiva Mostowfi are certified specialists in dentofacial orthopedics, which involves the guidance of facial growth and development. After earning their doctorates, each completed a three-year residency program to learn the medical and physical science of jaw alignment and function as well as the art of straightening teeth for beautiful smiles.
Does this experience really matter? Yes, and here's why: with this specialized training, Dr. Mehdy, Dr. Dave, and Dr. Mostowfi have the expertise to integrate dentofacial orthopedic treatments with orthodontic treatments. This enables them to use skeletal growth as an advantage in treating malignments in the teeth and jaw as well as in the facial structure. Orthodontics is about more than just straight teeth - proper jaw alignment and jaw function are critical to oral health as well as to overall health. (Did you know that crowded teeth can led to periodontic disease, which has been linked to heart disease; and that improper tooth and jaw alignment can lead to jaw and headache pain?) So it is important to get things right. Rad orthodontists always consider skeletal growth, jaw function and jaw alignment when designing patient treatment plans.
We are highly experienced Invisalign® providers. Due to our excellent results in thousands of cases, Rad Orthodontics has been recognized by Invisalign® as a Top Provider year after year. This distinction is awarded only to the top 1% of Invisalign® providers nationwide. Rad Orthodontics is known for achieving excellent results in highly complex Invisalign® cases.
In general, family dentists who provide Invisalign have several hours of weekend training in Invisalign® and orthodontics. When you compare that to the years of extensive training an orthodontist undergoes, it’s clear why many patients choose a highly trained orthodontist for their Invisalign® treatment. Experience counts: Choose an orthodontic specialist.
At Rad Orthodontics, it is our goal to provide the best orthodontic care possible in a friendly environment. We use the highest-precision systems as well as the most sophisticated styles of custom braces, because they work better, faster, and more comfortably than traditional braces. By combining the best techniques and materials available, we are able to deliver the highest level of orthodontic care. We call this the RAD ADVANTAGE.
HALLMARKS OF THE RAD ADVANTAGE
We combine several different materials and techniques to enable us to provide better smiles, faster:
- Diagnostic Excellence: Our high-tech offices have the latest digital technologies to enable excellent diagnoses. Our iTero 3D intraoral scanner, digital X-rays, and cephalometric analysis provide a complete picture of the patient’s tooth, jaw, and skeletal alignment.
- Custom Treatment Plans: Each patient’s custom-designed treatment plan takes into account personal growth patterns, bone and tooth health, jaw and tooth alignment, as well as aesthetic considerations. We use OrthoCAD IQ advanced computer-guided technology to customize our treatments and place brackets precisely for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
- Precision Placement: Precise bracket and appliance placement through 3D modeling, OrthoCAD IQ, and indirect bonding enables our treatments to meet our exacting standards.
- Advanced Materials: We use the most proven, advanced materials for our treatments: frictionless brackets, heat-activated wires, self-ligating brackets, ceramic brackets, indirect bonding, clear aligners, and CAD/CAM milled appliances, and a 3D printer, among others.
All this leads to more comfortable and efficient treatment. Our patients enjoy freedom from cumbersome impressions, easier brushing and flossing, longer intervals between appointments, and shorter appointment times. You’ll be surprised by how fast and easy it is to get the smile you’ve always wanted.
BENEFITS OF THE RAD ADVANTAGE
- Highest degree of precision and accuracy — Digital radiography, 3D digital imaging and modeling, and state-of-the-art systems enable more thorough and precise diagnosis as well as custom-designed treatments for optimal effectiveness and efficiency.
- Superior results — Through technology-driven diagnosis and custom-designed treatments, we achieve more precise and stable smiles. Our treatment plans are often able to avoid extractions of adult teeth and jaw surgery.
- Improved patient comfort — We combine several systems to achieve the most comfortable treatments. Our 3D scanner eliminates uncomfortable impressions. With indirect bonding, custom brackets are pre-placed in a tray that fits passively over the patient’s teeth, which allows for quick and comfortable bracket placement. Our self-ligating brackets place gentle but constant force on teeth, which allows more comfortable treatments.
- Shorter treatment times — Precise bracket placement on each individual tooth in combination with constant gentler forces and less friction leads to more efficient and effective treatment. Our treatments feature longer intervals between appointments and shorter overall treatment times. Shorter treatment times are a hallmark of our care.
We are proud to provide our patients with beautiful new smiles faster than they expected.
FRIENDLY AND PERSONAL ATTENTION
Rad Orthodontics is technology driven, but we also feature personal attention for every patient. We work hard to treat our patients the same way we like to be treated: with respect, professionalism, and sensitivity toward personal needs. We regard our patients as part of our family, and we do everything we can to make sure each person has an exceptional experience with us every time you visit.
Dr. Mehdy, Dr. Dave, Dr. Petrarca, and Dr. Mostowfi spend time to give you all the information you need to understand and consider your orthodontic treatment. During the consultation, you’ll receive an immediate, easy-to-understand diagnosis and treatment plan to take with you. Our doctors and staff will spend time explaining and discussing your custom treatment plan and the appropriate treatment options.
We will show you the diagnostic tools, answer your questions, and discuss your concerns patiently. By the end of your complimentary consultation, you will know exactly what to expect throughout your treatment. We think you’ll agree that Rad Orthodontics provides great value to all of our patients.
As a team, we promise to:
- Do a good job! From the moment you enter our practice, we want you to feel comfortable, welcome, and appreciated. We are here for you. It’s our goal to build your trust in us as we provide exceptional orthodontic care.
- Be efficient. We know you have a busy schedule and we don’t think your appointments should interfere with your life. All our appointments are appropriately scheduled so you will spend less time in the waiting room and dental chair and more time out enjoying the things that make you smile.
- Provide a friendly, inviting, and professional environment. Your comfort is important to us and we recognize that each person who visits our practice has unique needs and expectations.